My photo
In Hardcore Superstar 1997-2008 The leather nun 2009. Solo 2010

Friday 12 February 2010

Happiness is a warm gun....Down memory lane "2


Well, here´s a old picture of me and one of my fav guitars ever. And i tell you a little story about how it died!
We were about to do a video in Stockholm for the song "have you been around". Hcss debut album and third single from it.
Me and the director came up with the idea of rain falling like mad all over us somewhere in the middle of the song. And it gets heavier as the song goes into the grand finale. We had a big freakin fan that came from a propeller from a DC-3. Run by a big ass V8 Chevy engine.
I choose not to use my expensive Les Paul´s i had at the time so i got this Viper from ESP guitars in Tokyo, Japan. And i thought it could use this E.S.P in the video instead and it could get as wet as it wanted. Well, fresh out of the case. Here was this Japanese guitar that i were about to trash in the vid.
It all went well and we went on tour right after the final shot. Off to the EU. (Remember that this was when all countries had their own money). I am old..
So when i opened the case to see the state of the guitar it jumped at me, cant explain it at all really!
But the damn thing somehow manage to get me to play it on the first show and voila´.
It became the best sounding ax i have ever heard. i just loved that damn jap.
ok, anyhow...
One cold, cold night somewhere, many years later, we had a gig far away.
And a very good one to.
So in the middle of all the Sleaze that occurs at a HCSS live show i saw Adde on top of Martins Ampeg rig. So i threw him my guitar across the stage. And all of you who knows "the great drummer of Landvetter" also know that he was never any good at dealing with any kind of balls? For sports that is. The other ones he´s great at....! He had a firm grip around mine for a few years, thank god!
So he did not catch it  and i never played that guitar again. My fault i suppose.
But it´s all good, I know where he lives............













No comments:

Post a Comment