My photo
In Hardcore Superstar 1997-2008 The leather nun 2009. Solo 2010

Wednesday 17 February 2010

Heres a story from once upon a time called right about now!

Heres a story from once upon a time called right about now!
A bunch of months ago, last year. I was invited by Crafton to come and try out 3 new neck prototypes from Ibanez. I was one of twenty.
The Crafton staff served a wonderful cake by the way. Just addictive!
Japanese and Dutch IBZ employees showed me 6 guitars?
3 different necks and 2 different bolt on types. the newer AANJ and the older Rg/Jem style with a back plate. 80´s style again. Like on the re issues for Paul Gilbert. Actually almost all of the prototype bodies was PGM´s. I could easily tell from the position of the volume knob and pick-up switch. As it was the necks it was all about, i think they just took what bodies they had laying around. So three new necks to choose from. I was in there alone with them for almost 2 hours then they let the other 19 in for a some time.
The bodies were totally raw. No paint job, just bare untouched wood. Routed for H/S/H but only bridge pup installed, PGM hardtail bridge, volume knob and no switch. No back plate over the routing and no logo.....NO LOGO!!!!!
They were all numbered. NR 3 had a U shape, NR 2 had a D and NR 1 was a C shaped 17mm dream i could not forget since!
My god it was nice. The best IBZ i have played.
I cried out that this was the shit! Look no further, guys.
I left there after a great day but with this guitar banging my shred brain.
Time went on as it does.
And yesterday Anders from Crafton came by me with a box! Said -here its for you! Its NR 1....
Do you think i was chocked, i had almost forgotten about her and never thought that i one day had it my hands. So here she is:
There can be only ONE

1 comment:

  1. cool! must be nice to be a spoilt brat!..(or talented so you get these invites ;-)

    ReplyDelete