My photo
In Hardcore Superstar 1997-2008 The leather nun 2009. Solo 2010

Thursday 4 March 2010

The Guild x-80

Sometimes i don´t really know what to write here, so in this case i show you one of my all time fav electric guitar. American made Guild x-80. So what can a guitar with a ice cream name from the eighties have thats so special? First off it is one of the rarest 80´s guitar you can´t find. I don´t know how many was made. It sure has some spectacular features with the maxed body shape, neck size, pots, Dimarzio pups that does not seem to exist! There is one weirder Guild out there and thats the Bladerunner(check Joe Perry, Walk this way video with Run DMC).
Highly figured maple body and neck with ebony fretboard. Kahler bridge.
I have only seen one more in person and maybe one or two in some photos.
Try search for a picture of one on google! I dare you ....you won´t find one.
I got mine in Tokyo when i was searching for guitars in the coolest city in the Universe.
Musical instrument district....it said on the map. Can you believe it? The biggest freakin´
 street, both sides Packed door to door with guitar shops? There was guitars outside the shops like a bleeding market.
Silver heaven.
So in the stairs, between floor 3 and 4, there it was.
I almost fell down 2 floors because i really did not expect to find one. Ever.
Sure, I bought it right after catching breath again, and a couple more but thats another story.
So enjoy if you are able to.
The Silv

No comments:

Post a Comment