My photo
In Hardcore Superstar 1997-2008 The leather nun 2009. Solo 2010

Thursday 18 March 2010

I MISS JAPAN

When waking up today with a cup of java and a book about gentlemen, the book somehow got me thinking of Japan. And minutes after i was sitting with the MacBook pro surfing for Visual Kei bands. Just love them. If you are not familiar with the genre i suggest you google it.
I remember seeing Malice Mizer in Tokyo. Mana and Kozi, what a look.
And Dir En Grey at Loud Park. WOW. And Luna Sea, who was one of the biggest visual kei bands ever.

Its actually more about the clothes then what kind of music you play. Don´t take me wrong, they all play very well. But they become more like comic-book heros. The movement started in the 80´s. People like David Bowie, Boy George and culture club made the impact on the looks when they went there and got huge. So you got a mix of music styles stitched together thru their looks.
Check out Jrock in any form. Japan is so great in many ways. Supeinzaka is a sweet little road that you have to check as well. Spanish inpired i think. Shibuya, Harajuku, Ikebukuro, Akihabara, Roppongi and on...
miss it so much i can´t explain. So if you live in Tokyo and have a job for me and my wife, i call the moving service right away.
Tiger



6 comments:

  1. oh dear, a friend of mine is nuts for Malice Mizer but I'm not a big fan of their music
    The only band I used to listen to time ago was X-Japan
    do you know them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend you to listen to former Megadeth guitarist Marty Friedman Tokyo jukebox .He do covers of famous j-pop songs.great record.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I didn't know you're interested in Visual Kei bands!
    May I send you a magazine of Visual Kei from Japan?;) hahaha

    Well, Japan misses you a lot!
    Is it time to open cafe with Mr.Tiger's special sandwiches as we talked?;P hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you can hook me up with a small place then. and you can work for me and take care of the japanese language? Or maybe a gig with some Tokyo rock band as guest? whatever just as i can visit Japan again.
    haha. At the moment im searching google for tokyo street fashion for men... as always, Tokyo is the shit!
    Silver

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a small room in my house for you&Jenny.
    But no room for your tons of guitars lol haha
    Yes, it's my pleasure to work/help for you!
    Let's make even small chances come true! LOL

    Btw, did you know this festival?
    http://v-rockfes.com/
    There was the 1st festival of Visual Kei band last Oct..

    ReplyDelete
  6. i lost you´r mail adress, sister. mail me.
    t

    ReplyDelete