My photo
In Hardcore Superstar 1997-2008 The leather nun 2009. Solo 2010

Thursday 25 March 2010

Ibanez Prototype Paul Gilbert




As my arm is fucked.
I can´t play yet  but i can fix all my guitars that need "the fix".
So today my Dimarzio PAF 36th anniversary that i ordered some time ago arrived from Crafton.
I installed them right away(well not me, Lem at MUG actually worked the solder)
and i had coffee!
In my Ibanez Paul Gilbert Prototype that is. Don´t know what to call it else than a PGM prototype? It has the new PGM 301 laminate top and back so it was intended for being a sunburst or see thru paint. and the only PGM with those features is the latest release. But the new one has no middle pup and the bridge pup is moved a bit away from the bridge for less twang! This is truly a rare bird. 
I thought that double creme bobbins look awesome on her.
FUDGE!
I was also on my way to put an old Dimarzio SDS-1 in the middle but it was to tall and would not fit.
Gonna search for something else there. And i had to put the signed plate that´s from my original Ibanez PGM 100. I also have an amazing Ibanez PGM 301
Until we meet again.

1 comment: