My photo
In Hardcore Superstar 1997-2008 The leather nun 2009. Solo 2010

Wednesday 21 April 2010

D-A-D

This man, Stig Pedersen of Danish sensation D-A-D has the coolest basses ever. And for a long time. I remember the one shaped like an drink stick with an olive you put your hand thru. Just like the rocket bass!
I have had the chance to play some of these at a gig in Gothenburg. The Cadillac bass was pink then i remember or it was another one. When you hit the pick up switch the blinker not showing in the picture starts flashing! All of them have only two strings so the necks are very thin. And i remember them being heavy. And they sound so damn brutal.







2 comments:

  1. Simply amazing!!! First time i see two chords basses! The "reverse fender" shaped one it makes me laugh!!!! I think it must be difficult to play tehem.
    At the end of a smile...

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAD just played at the club my mate manages in Uppsala (katalins), apparently sold out and not to be missed, unlike my flight to Dubai...

    ReplyDelete