My photo
In Hardcore Superstar 1997-2008 The leather nun 2009. Solo 2010

Friday 30 April 2010

1 or 400 guitars?

About guitarists and the use of one particular model or the "use them all" theory!
I am one of those guys who like to use all different kind of guitars. No matter what, really.
Strat´s, Tele´s, Paul´s, pointy and weird. Love them all.
I was always told that the coolest thing is the players who stick with one brand or model. But i am a firm believer that it´s all bullshit! How boring. it´s like wearing only soccer shoes all the time. Even when playing hockey! Its like frying fish in a tea pot! Come on?
OK?
When people think Hendrix they see a Strat, right!
I see the Ultra cool flying V, the 3 pup Sg and lots of Strats.
Not even slash. Remember the Travis bean, The Guild double neck, Bc rich mockingbird, Jackson firebird. Check the inlay photos from Appetite for destruction.
Billy Gibbons, Pete Townsend, Zakk Wylde, Eddie, CC. All used many different brands and models. Only Angus used one. Only Angus.
So today we check some of Joe Perrys guitars.









And don´t come telling me thats not cool!

9 comments:

  1. Got to love the Travis Bean guitars! I have a couple of shots of Joe Perry playing a silver (one-of-a-kind) Travis Bean Standard and one of him playing a black Standard. Very cool.

    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe Perry have a nice collection here lol! I Love the bride acoustic one!
    cheers
    Ti Glam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had such a collection but made of photographic cameras :)
    anyways that's definitely stunning!!!
    not a big Aerosmith fan but I believe he's a great guitarist

    ciao!

    ReplyDelete

  4. This is one of my favorite one:)
    Also I LOVE the skelton one he played with in "Draw The Line" video.
    Once he takes that guitar on the stage, it makes me get crazy lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think you mean Ampeg Dan Armstong plexi...i had one of those once in my life...

    ReplyDelete
  6. my brother was fortunate enough to be at the gig in Houston (I think it was Houston) when Tyler blew out his vocals on the third track, so had to go off stage.To compensate Perry pulled back on one of the warm up acts guitarist to do some blues for the rest of the show....that was Billy Gibbons....now imagine if they'd both pulled some of their different guitars on stage!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Bc.rich bich.
    I put on all ten strings on my one today, feels so good :)
    Kommer du vara på Fuzz båda dagarna Thomas?
    Ha det bra
    //Erik

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tjena Erik. Jag kommer vara där båda dagarna..
    hälsa pappa att jag har fått in en usa Jackson king v med lightning bolt graphic. jävligt mustaine....
    keep on keeping on

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, "jävligt Mustaine". You know what I like ; )
    Anders
    /FoX

    ReplyDelete