My photo
In Hardcore Superstar 1997-2008 The leather nun 2009. Solo 2010

Wednesday 12 May 2010

7.29 and a head full of ideas

Today i am having a important early meeting. About how to make the next move forward with music.

I must say that i was impressed by The Ark´s "Magazine way to sell Cd´s. I have not heard the album and i am 100% sure i never will. Thats not the thing. It´s the finger to the record labels that i like.
I also want to release my music that way. As well as a proper Cd. But 100 pages of Silver could be a bit too much even for me! Did i mention they sold gold in a week!
There is only about 80 record shops left in the whole of Sweden . And about 1150 places where they sold The Arks magazine, including their new cd for 99 Skr. (ca 10€)
That is fucking brilliant.

So today we decide which song to record first. I have gathered a bunch of cool music so i hope it will go easy.
Lately i have been listening back to music that made me into what i am today. And i have tried to get inspired the same way i was back then. And it worked. If you have the same feel for a song for around 20 years and it still make you go nuts, it must mean something? If a certain guitar sound of riff send chills down my spine, how shall i interpret that? A wise man said once- (about a guitar sound from a hcss album)
-Thats a sound that will make kids pick up the guitar!
That is what i am going for!
Thomas Silver




3 comments:

  1. It was "Dreamin' In A Casket" that had that guitar sound for me... I already played a little bit of guitar by then, but it was from then on that I have been sure of how a guitar should sound. First time I heard that album, and still today, I get that feeling you're talking about. Talk about inspiring guitar work!

    Keep on rockin'! \m/ \m/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have played guitar in a different way each album, always a different style but 100% original and unique silver sound and touch for me. Such a good solos even in a really simple way (shame) but strong enough to make me want to hear it forever. This is not only to praise you, just sayin' i can't wait to hear what The Silv mind is cooking...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gift, Johnny Crash and Junkyard... Whooo-hoo!
    Some coke and I can get the party started!

    ReplyDelete