My photo
In Hardcore Superstar 1997-2008 The leather nun 2009. Solo 2010

Wednesday 5 May 2010

And thats it!

Sold my last Gibson the other day. It was a nice custom shop guitar but i never really fell in love. Like it is with new Gibsons in my world. Not even a custom shop Gibson made it thru and into my heart!
Now you must understand that i say this because i really think they put out garbage. You see, i know these things. I have probably owned around 25-30 different ones since i started. Great guitars some of them. Let me tell you:
My 1959 les paul junior double cutaway was a monster of tone. Miss it much and sold it for 14000 skr and thats stupid but i needed the money at the time.
My Firebird is great, it´s from early 90´s. (Sorry forgot this one, i do still have a Gibson after all.)
All les paul classics (about 10) have been good guitars. But not perfect. All 335´s been horrible, just one have had something to deliver. It was from ´66.
See a pattern?

So try this one for size, The best guitar i have ever owned, played, tone, feeling, everything, was my old Tom Murphy Les paul ´59 copy that he made when he did not work for Gibson. He made 3 total. I had the one Noel Gallagher used on stage with The Who at Royal Albert hall.
Now thats a Les Paul.
This only my opinion so dont take it to seriously.
If you wanna see some weird and wonderful guitars, and some from my collection. check this.
       guitarz.blogspot.com/

Until we meet again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment